Tuesday 19 September 2017

GET INSPIRED

ONE ON ONE WITH DAVID WONDER.
At just 21 years, David Wonder makes headlines after collaborating with one of the biggest names in the gospel industry, BAHATI, and they recently dropped a new music called 'NDOGO NDOGO'. He opens up to us on his journey so far and some of his future plans in the industry. 

Tell us about yourself?
David Wonder is a saved artist, gospel singer if i may say, who is signed under E.M.B record owned by Bahati. I grew up in Kariobangi which i am very proud of it up to date, taught me a lot and God saw me through all that the ghetto had to offer because he had a good plan for my life, a purpose even i could not escape, the bible says 'He knew us even before we were formed in our mothers wombs'.

What were you doing before venturing into music?
 Well, i was into music before in a boy band but things  did not work out so we broke the group and everyone went their way, after that life really hit me hard mpaka nikarudii up country. I stayed for a while but my passion for music couldn't allow me to stay there forever and so i decided to come back to Nairobi and chase the dream a fresh as a solo artist this time around. And so i came back and looked for a job since there was no way i could survive on this big city. So i got a job as a beautician in a local salon, as time went, i found myself falling in love with the job. Then i heard about E.M.B which was headed by Bahati, and so i started looking for him. It was not easy, but i believe that God made it possible.

How did you manage to meet up with Bahati?
As i said earlier, it was not easy but after a couple of texts, emails and unanswered calls, he finally answered my call that's why i said, God made it.

When you were starting, did you expect all this Fame that came along?
Haha if i may confess something, i don't think i am even anywhere yet, if i lay my entire vision before you, it will shake you. So all this has not moved me a bit and that is why i am pushing even harder, God did not give me this gift for me to fail him, so its all the way to international level, so help me God.

How do you feel about your career so far?
I am so humbled, for someone from Upcountry to just rise up to be a national hit humbles me sana. 

What are some of your future plans?
I have so much plans that i would like ti reveal them one by one as time goes by but as of now, i would just tell guys to just watch this space and support me in every way they can. Supporting me doesn't mean that they send me and Mpesa haha, by praying for me, requesting for my songs kwa shows  , attending my gigs, following me on social media e.t.c.

Who do you look up to?
Bahati and Mr Seed. I love Bahati's  commitments to works of ministry and i love Mr Seed's energy especially on stage.

What is your biggest achievement so far?
The song 'NDOGO NDOGO'.

Do you face any challenges?
There is too much judgement in the gospel industry, people want to see an angel if you are a gospel artist of which its hard, the bible says that we have all sinned and fallen short of Gods glory, nut we are always to point fingers forgetting that we all sin differently.Another challenge is Finances, i am not yet there, so am still struggling to reach there.

What is your word of encouragement to people who look up to you?
Depend on God fully, nothing is impossible.

QUICK FIRE QUESTIONS.
1.What is your biggest fear in Life? Rising to the top then back to the bottom.
2.What do you like doing at your free time? I listen to other artists, do a lot of research and read the bible.
3.What is you favorite food? Anything served with chicken.
4.Which team do you support? Barcelona.
5.What is one thing that people don't know about you? I was once a Dancer.
6.Single or Dating? Single     

No comments:

Post a Comment